Wednesday, January 19, 2011

PERSONAL HONOUR CODE

1. Rank order the things that discourage you from cheating in tests:
  • I would lose my self-respect.
  • I would be frightened of getting caught.
  • I want my test results to reflect my learning accurately.
  • I consider it my honour to uphold academic integrity.
  • I don't want to give in to group pressure to do things that I don't believe in.

2. Under what circumstances do you think most students might be inclined to cheat?

  • When it is unlikely that they would be caught.
  • When they feel desperate to get a better grade.
  • When a particular grade matters a lot.
  • If they have not managed their time well enough to study effectively.
  • When they might be teased by their peers if they refused to cheat.

3. If someone is caught cheating, which consequence do you think is the most appropriate?
  • Expulsion from university.
  • Failure in the course where the cheating occurred.
  • Failure of the assignment on which the cheating occurred.
  • Public censure.
  • Repeating the assignment without cheating.
  • Depends on the cheater's history.

No comments:

Post a Comment